Ruffle Me Up : Black Cocktail Dress & Silver Accessories

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments

Hi Everyone.

Can you believe it, another month has come and gone so quickly! Before you know it, it's the end of the year. Besides Thanksgiving ( for my US followers) and Christmas which we all are looking forward to for year end,  I know many corporate companies here in Asia are beginning to be smarter and planning their year end parties and get togethers way before Nov/ Dec, whilst people are still in town and able to attend.

It would be impossible to buy a new outfit for every event you will be invited to, so here's my spin on recycling and reinventing items you may have in your closet. I have decided to re-style this 2yr old WAREHOUSE high waisted little black dress hidden at the back of my wardrobe, and reignite new life into it for one of those many year end cocktail parties and dinners.




My favourite part about this dress is the unique side ruffles on its front - replicating a baby's bib and the high waisted tulip style skirt. The fabric is textured like wood graining. Very unusual. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the previous pictures of how I styled it the last time, but I do remember styling it with black chandelier earrings and a skinny belt instead at the waist with Black/ Gold accessories.

This time, I decided to bring out the silver in the bib necklace, hence silver accessories and sans belt.







I kept my jewelry pieces small and to a minimum thereby keeping the look classic and elegant.

Dress : Warehouse ( old) ( similar here)
Necklace : Diva ( old) ( similar here)
Bracelet : APM Monaco ( similar here & here)
Earrings : Foster Bay (old)  ( similar here)
Clutch : Chanel 
Shoes : old ( louboutin inspired) ( similar here)

Love,
Simone xoxo

Get this look for $47+ on Lookastic: Black Necklace, Silver Leather Clutch, Black Leather Pumps, and Black Casual Dress

You Might Also Like

2 comments: