One Trend You Need in 2017 :: Long Sleeve Midi Dress

Saturday, February 04, 2017 Simone - Your Style Architect 12 Comments


Hi everyone,

My favourite dress style that seems to work all year round ( in different textures) -  the Long Sleeve Midi dress, is the one dress style you should trend for 2017. A versatile dress style and a favourite amongst celebrities for 2017. this is the one look you need. Even Victoria Beckham was inspired trending this dress style for her SS2017 collections.


I found this midi rib dress during an H&M sale and the earthy Burgundy tone just had me at " hello".



To be honest, I picked up this dress whilst out shopping with my son. As everyone knows, kids hate being dragged around from store to store. So with the constant bugging " Mom, can you please hurry up....mom can you please hurry up....." I just grabbed this off the rack seeing it had such a " future" and without trying it for fit, just rung it up at the cashier. After all it did have a big red label on the price tag!!


Thinking I am used to H&M sizing chart what could go possibly wrong, and there I set off a happy gal. But when I got home, it somehow literally hung on me like a potato sack - a little wider at the neckline and certainly just a full straight on drape down the length of my body. A little disappointed at first, I badly wanted to style this dress and of course with money spent it just had to be worn ( at least once perhaps!). Love the sleeves which was a little flare at the cuffs. So ended up belting the dress and wearing it slightly off shoulder on one side and voila.... this is the look today.



An easy look to wear to work and perfect match with my Berry Red Ankle Booties and Goyard St. Louis. Threw on a coat for cooler mornings and evenings and wore it with High Cut Leather boots for colder days. Alternatively check out Victoria Beckham styling a similar rib dress from her collection below but layering with a striking coloured shirt underneath for cooler days.





Before I sign off, here are some of my favourite Long Sleeve Midi Dress styles from Victoria Beckham's SS 2017 Collection. Enjoy !







And the lady herself in her own collection - Gorgeous!!



Dress : H&M ( get it here, similar here & here)
Boots : ZARA ( similar here & here)
Bag : Goyard
Earrings : old ( similar here)
Belts : old ( similar here & here)
Sunglasses : Cotton On ( similar here)

Love,
Simone xoxo
Women's Burgundy Knit Midi Dress, Burgundy Leather Ankle Boots, Black Leather Tote Bag, Burgundy Leather Belt on Lookastic: Burgundy Knit Midi Dress, Burgundy Leather Ankle Boots, Black Leather Tote Bag, Burgundy Leather Belt

You Might Also Like

12 comments:

  1. I love long sleeve dresses! You look so chic!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great style and love the one you are wearing! You look beautiful!

    xo, Jennifer
    www.publicistinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too kind Jennifer. Thanks for visiting... loving your blog too!

      Simone xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow!! Head to toe fabulous doll! Love your purse! You look amazing! Happy Monday!!! Thank you for sharing!!! Much love, Len. www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Len. Thanks for visiting. I love my tote so much it's so lightweight and versatile...Have a great week ahead!

      Simone xoxo

      Delete
  4. This dress is so chic! Love your booties as well!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jane. You are such an inspiration as well. Loving your blog.
      Have a great week ahead and keep those inspirations coming!

      Simone xoxo

      Delete
  5. I think it's definitely a must have trend too! Love the sweater dresses like that!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna. Thanks for visiting and checking out your blog and IG feed now. Loving them. Do share your inspirations with sweater dresses soon !! Keep warm and have a great week ahead!

      Simone xoxo

      Delete
  6. You look stunning and I love your dress! It's so beautiful and I completely agree! Everyone needs at least one for sure! I also love all the inspiration you included below! Have a great weekend.

    Manda Lee | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda. Have always been a follower of VB but I am so hooked on this dress style now as well. Have a great weekend ahead and a follower of your blog as well.

      Simone xoxo

      Delete