Skirt Me Up :: Straight Cut Skirt Worn As A Dress

Sunday, September 29, 2019 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments











Skirt worn as a dress : NALA ( similar styles)
Belt : Vintage Tale
Earrings / Ring : mom's ( similar here)
Shoes : Pull & Bear ( similar here & here)
Bag : ( get it here)



Hi everyone,

If you have been following me on Instagram ( @yourstylearchitect), you will notice a shift in my perspective on being a fashion influencer / fashionista. I have always loved fast fashion for the value worth of the item and more so that I can style and trend looks at a lower cost however with all that is going on with climate change, I started to only recently realise how the fast fashion industry significantly contributes to global warming and therefore decided to do my little bit to help make a difference.

To be honest, whilst some of my items are sponsored however most of the items I showcase are my personal buys. And whilst I have also highly recommended " Rent an outfit" concept but for some this may be a costlier option. Therefore working with the current items in your wardrobe, I decided to start showcasing how one can style an item in various ways in order to " stretch your dollar" and be fashion sustainable. You will find these looks on my IGTV on Instagram.

Meanwhile, this " dress" you see in this post is actually a skirt that is part of a Malay style outfit known as a Baju Kurung. The longer style top can be worn as a summer dress on its own and since this is a maxi skirt, I decided to split up the outfit to create different outfits from one. Therefore the skirt has been styled as a strapless summer dress here in this post.

I had done the same too with a maxi skirt that was featured on my IGTV ( 4 Ways To Wear A Maxi Skirt). Cinching the waist with a wide leather belt helps to create some form to the outfit and as the print was a batik style print, I decided to style this look retro with a headscarf and retro accessories. Thanks to my mom, these vintage earrings ( way back from the 50s and ring which was actually a scarf ring) completed the look for me.

I kinda enjoy mix and matching an existing piece from my wardrobe to create different looks so that one need not constantly be out purchasing new outfits but rather get creative to style what you have in your closet in different looks. You can also do your part to help global warming in this way.

Let me know if you have any further styling ideas on how to wear a maxi skirt.

Love,
Simone xoxo



You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Love this look! It looks wonderful worn as a dress.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete