Retro Summer :: Scarf, Sea and Sand

Sunday, August 11, 2019 Simone - Your Style Architect 2 Comments

















Hi everyone.

Since returning from my recent summer holiday in Florida, unfortunately Cookie who is my 14.5 yr old Cocker Spaniel has been taken ill with seizures and partial loss of vision. We knew this was coming as she was getting on in years and struggling to walk with the onset of arthritis before we left. However this really took lots out of me as she is my first " baby" and to see her struggle like this is so painful and heartbreaking. Hence I had to reprioritise my life and decided to take a little time off all social media to focus on nursing her back to her stronger self.

Her seizures are less frequent though still happening at least 5 - 6 times in a day and which sees her  falling over whenever it attacks. Thank god she is only experiencing focal seizures where she loses her balance and coordination with her hind legs but its sad to suddenly see her just fall over unexpectedly. Often, she also surprises herself and looks at me wondering " what the hell is going on mom?" Now about a month since we got back, and the onset of these new conditions, she is coping with it and compensating lots when she feels it coming on and trying her hardest to stabilise herself before she falls. But the poor girl is just getting old.

Anyway, in this post I would like to share with you my continued styling of headscarfs this summer, particularly for the beach. If you had not already noticed, recently I have started to style my looks in more retro / vintage feel and so this trip out to Florida was no different. Taking a regular full button down cotton dress and styling it with a headscarf, oversize sunnies and high waisted bikini - I felt like Bridgette Bardot!!

I guess with my short hairstyle, it is kinda difficult to play around with changes to my hairdo to create different styles, hence accessories such as a scarf especially when out on trips is perfect to maximise one's wardrobe whilst travelling. Bring a few essentials and play around with it. This scarf is even large enough to be worn as a pareo for the beach after the swim. Or if you are adventurous enough to wear it as a top over denim shorts for holidays is yet another way to maximise one's wardrobe whilst on the road.

I was not quite ready to do a full on swimwear shoot seeing I had just eaten way too much on this trip, but a nice coverup with a full button down dress, leather slides and statement bag still makes one look quite stylish on the beach. High waisted bikinis is my IN thing this summer too and this @aguaclara piece is divine for the beach!

I hope you enjoyed this look and do let me know if you are into headscarfs this summer too.

Love,
Simone xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this look on you dear! So chic and sexy! You're absolutely rocking the bikini.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wish to say the frankness in your article is surprising.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete