Plaid It Right :: Plaid Coat and Stud Heels

Friday, March 06, 2015 Simone - Your Style Architect 12 Comments

Hi everyone,

How was your first week of March? Been busy myself honing in on my baking skills and more so, trying to organise some form of birthday party or get together for my boy who will be turning 8 yrs old soon. How quickly time flies and before you know it, he'd probably be wanting to spend more time with his friends than with me....sigh...

Am glad to see many of my fellow bloggers posting warmer Spring outfits out on their blogs and instagram posts and wish I could do the same however it's just been wet, rainy and foggy for the last 2 weeks here in Hong Kong. Depressing and almost suicidal to some I must say, as we hardly had a peep of sunray at all - let alone that the dehumidier is on overload mode at the moment.

So it's hard to get pictures done these couple of days but here's a recent look I had put together which I love and had good comments about when it was posted recently on IG.


I love navy and this dress was perfect when the weather was initially warming up.


Love how this beautiful black and white plaid coat drapes with a wide boat neck open collar and falls open into a circular shape skirt. Made me feel for a split second like the Duchess of Cambridge - where I have always admired the beautiful full skirt coats she often wears. Feeling regal, I decided to pair this look with an elegant pair of heels to bring out the full on femininity of this outfit.




Ideally, this dress could be worn on its own paired with different accessories for warmer weather. Just can't wait to style this dress for Spring / Summer soon.




The stretchable fabric of this dress doesn't hug you at the wrong places yet instead creates a slim silhouette skimming the curves of one's hips. Perfect!

As for jewelry, I wanted to go bold and slightly loud given chain necklaces are so IN for spring and that the studs on the heels add that rock chic element to this outfit. So why not take that further into the necklace.


Accessories often make or break the outfit. My style has always been slightly bolder and more inclining to sexy than sweet. Do share how you would pair accessories with this outfit to suit your style ?




Dress : EG Fashion ( similar here & here) // Coat : Kit Kat ( similar here ) // 
Bag : Celine // Shoes : Valentino
Earrings : old // Necklace : sammydress.com ( similar here) // Watch : Michael Kors
Bracelets : Forever 21, Cartier Inspired & Tiffany.

Have a great weekend ahead !

Love,
Simone xoxo

Get this look for $188+ on Lookastic: Black and White Plaid Coat, Navy Shift Dress, Gold Necklace, Black and Tan Leather Tote Bag, Black Studded Leather Pumps, Gold Necklace, White and Black Studded Leather Heeled Sandals, and Multi colored Leather Tote Bag

You Might Also Like

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww... thank you my dear. I recall this was the day after this shoot was done and on a whim, we had gone out for a nice cuppa and a fantastic shopping trip! Thanks for your continuous support my dear!!

      Delete
  2. First off, I am a man with little fashion sense...but you are dynamic in that grey outfit, and very attractive. Your choice of accesories enhances greatly the total look..and leads me to believe you have done some modeling...but heh, I am a 63 year old SINGLE man....

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! and that dress is adorable!
    www.gorgeousandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adelynn Lovellette7 March 2015 at 08:04

    Love that purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you for all the pointers and comments. I appreciate blogging with you, and look forward to building our relationship in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this coat! I love plaid and I love pea coats. I have a few, but only grey and black ones. I need something more bold! I NEED this coat! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. Glad you like it and thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  7. I love the outfit and I love those shoes. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've definitely matched this plaid jacket well. You wore it with everything simple and had it out stand itself. Totally love how you styled it with the Valentino shoes =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you look so amazing. The outfit looks so wonderful. I love the way you pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so in love with those elegant heels! And plaid is the best print ever!

    ReplyDelete